Found this recipe in my Taste of Home newsletter. Was a hit with my husband, although I did add 1/2 cup more oats to recipe. Thanks to Jaymie from Michigan for the yummy snack!
Oat-Rageous Chocolate Chip Cookies
My aunt gave me this recipe, and my family thinks these cookies are delicious. We enjoy all different kinds of cookies, and with this recipe, we can combine three of our favorite kinds—oatmeal, peanut butter and chocolate chip—in one! —Jaymie Noble, Kalamazoo, Michigan
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, cream butter, peanut butter and sugars; beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, oats, baking soda and salt. Add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
2 each: 207 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 194mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.